Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Packing the Green Monster

So I am feverishly packing this backpack that will take me around the world on this trip. I will break it down for you and pull an honesty card, packing this bag is much harder then I ever imagined it would be. Here I am going on this amazing trip to see the world, experience the way others live, and gain a greater appreciation for other cultures and I am feeling torn over the number of sun dresses to pack? It has been rather disheartening. Who really cares, right? It will be amazing to see how differently the world defines 'need' and 'want'. Material possessions, these are the things I hope don't hold the same importance to me when I return. I have everything stuffed into 'space saver' bags and those are stuffed into my slightly puke green colored backpack. And we all know Mary will bring enough spandex and Underarmor to outfit an army. As for me, lets just say I never thought I would get stressed over the space a white-beater shirt consumes or how many to bring.... I leave for New York tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's closer to tan actually. It looks like you're walking around with a stinger missile on your back