Friday, July 11, 2008

America's Finest City


I have been back in the beautiful San Diego for a week now. I am enjoying my time of nothing since I won't get much of it over the next year. Just hanging with the parental unit (mom and dad), my cat (Mo), and dog (Cheyenne). I am getting my fill of San Diego- Padres games, going out/catching up with friends, and enjoying the great beaches. My brother even took a break from playing ball and came down for a couple days. Realistically, I am here trying to wrapping up all seven thousand odds and ends for this trip that are hanging dangerously close to my head before I head out to NYC and then we leave for, well, the world. My room is almost unnavigable, filled with boxes of my crap from LA, many of which will not be opened until I return. They way I see it, a day before I depart, I will end up sitting between boxes with a huge pile of stuff that I feel is 'essential' for my trip and my little, single, one, solo, solitary, individual, fabulous backpack that I will somehow live out of over the next year. The phone calls between Mairs and I have grown to about 7, 15 min conversations a day- in Dr. offices, shoe stores, work, bars, sleeping, and/or cars (only with a headset obviously). Admittedly, there have been some minor issues/semi-freaking out... let's just sum it up as a Japanese Encephalitis vaccine, some "I am a serious, kind of a big deal, hiker" hiking shoes, and a handlebar mustache. You can do the math.

No comments: