Saturday, September 12, 2009

Guest Blogger: Mom actually makes it to South America!

I was overjoyed to have my mom come and see me during my travels. Not only was it wonderful to live the life of luxury, aka hotel rooms, it was very special to spend some quality time with her since it had been about 10 months since I had been home. She had been worried about me traveling, especially since I had been traveling alone, and it was reassuring for her to see South America and how safe it felt. She got a little taste of my life on the road and that is something that no amount of stories can really convey. She also got to check out a couple hostels I was staying in and meet some of the friends I had made along the way. Needless to say hostels had greatly improved since the 70s when she spent a year backpacking through Europe - yes you can blame my travel bug on her.
So mom has the task of writing this guest blog entry about our time in South America because I can't really be asked to write anymore. The highlights are:
Buenos Aires: city tour with Mariano, La Bomba de Tiempo drum show, tango show and steak dinner at La Cabrera with the Swedish girls
Uruguay: Montevideo, massive steak, and the futbol match
Iguazu Falls: sneaking into Brazil to see the Brazilan side of the falls, the Argentina side, and the Sheraton Luxury

I have a feeling she will never get around to this, but I am putting the pressure on. Stay tuned...

No comments: